A quick look back and forward
It’s almost 9 months through the year and it’s been a good one. I’ve done 2 out of 3 triathlons, multiple lake swims, a handful of aquathlons, got close to PBs at various distances (and PB’d at the mile), upped my game with regards to training, attended RunCamp, got myself a decent training plan and some coaching, joined a triathlon club, helped set up some more parkruns (Queen Elizabeth, Brockenhurst and Winchester), organised (and helped organise) several Mile events and got more involved behind the scenes in Lordshill Road Runners.
The year is by no means over though. I still have several other events to look forward to including the HOWSC Triathlon, a long distance cycling sportive (70 miles 6th October), the Great South Run (23rd October) and the Gosport Half Marathon (17th November). As well as that, I’ll be Race Directing the Lordshill 10 Mile Road Race (3rd November) and (hopefully) getting the Southampton Junior parkrun started.
Who knows what 2014 will bring. Already booked are the Stubbington 10K (19th January), Reading Half (2nd March), Blenheim Triathlon (8th June) and Brighton Marathon (6th April). Hoping to add Eastleigh 10K (23rd March) and another mass participation Triathlon (maybe the Virgin London Triathlon in early August). My plan is to train well to do well (by my standards) in these events.
All those are challenges I’ve set myself which will require a fair amount of training and dedication. Looking forward to it!
- HOWSC Sprint Triathlon (29th September)
- Wiggle New Forest Sportive (70 miles 6th October)
- Great South Run (23rd October)
- Lordshill 10 Mile Road Race (3rd November) – Race Directing
- Gosport Half Marathon (17th November).
- Southampton Junior parkrun (November)
- Stubbington 10K (19th January)
- Reading Half Marathon (2nd March)
- Eastleigh 10K (23rd March)
- Brighton Marathon (6th April)
- Blenheim Triathlon (8th June)
- Virgin London Triathlon (2/3rd August)